Fundamentals to advanced techniques
The Principles of Makeup Design Course is an 8-week (Sunday) course that has been designed to teach the core fundamental components of makeup design and application. This course can serve as a refresher for somebody already in the beauty industry or is a perfect beginners course for any students who are interested in working in the makeup industry.
The key learning objectives covered in the Principles of Makeup Design Course include:
- Creating the perfect complexion.
- Colour theory and application.
- Camouflaging and correcting.
- Highlighting and contouring.
- Makeup for photography.
- Designing and applying a day/evening/bridal/mature makeup.
Please find below an outline of the course content for the Principles of Makeup Design Course:
- Materials, tools and equipment for professional make-up
- Makeup brushes/care and hygiene
- Definition of skin colours- complexion colours, textures and application
- Colour corrective make-up, foundations, concealer and powders
- Highlighting and shading techniques
- Application of blushers
- Colour theory and what colours do
- Effects of light on colour
- Skin Care and preparation
- Eye shapes and eye liners
- Blending eyeshadows
- Eyebrow shaping
- Application of false lashes
- Corrective techniques for lips and product textures
- Remedial camouflage
- Smokey eyes
- Day makeup
- Evening makeup
- Bridal makeup
- Mature makeup
- Colour photography
- Black and White photography
- Completing a face chart
A Professional Photoshoot is included in the course fee! This is scheduled for the last lesson of the course.
$1595 + Tools kit
This course is run over 48 hours, one day (Sunday) per weekend for eight weeks.
A Makeup Tools Kit must be purchased for this course. Please enquire for full kit details.
No prior makeup training is required. Beginners are welcome!
To make an enquiry please follow this link http://slaacademy.com.au/contact-us/